Friday, January 30, 2015

wishes

Wouldn't it be nice if wishes came true?
I have a body lotion called 1000 Wishes.
I love the scent.
Every time I use it I think
 "Just one wish, that's all, just one...."
But I am learning to accept
 that my wish will be unfulfilled.
At least as I now wish it.
And I'm learning to be okay with that.


Some days "okay" doesn't look okay to the outside world.
And honestly,  some days it doesn't feel okay to me.
Like today.
I had a good long, hard cry about...
well, I had a good long, hard cry this morning.
But more and more, I find God's peace and comfort in my sorrow.
I am reminded of the song lyrics
"What if a thousand tears are Your blessings in disguise".
And I am beginning to see His blessings through the tears.

I'd rather have a thousand tears with His spiritual blessings
than a thousand wishes come true without them!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.