Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Some of this, some of that....

Have you ever made a decision
based upon very, 
                          very, 
                                  very 
sound evidence
only to spend the rest of your life
 - so far - 
               "wondering if"
you made the right decision
and no way to know for sure?
I have.
It's  not fun!
Just sayin'!


Yesterday was an interesting day.
I had several unusual customers.
One was a lady whose car had broken down
and since she travels for her job,
she had to replace it.
She was highly stressed!
And discovering the cost of rental
did not help her stress!
She finally asked for a hug
and I obliged.

We visited a bit while she was taking a breath
to try to decide whether or not to rent.
And so, when I put her in the car a few minutes later
and she asked me to pray for her over the next few days,
I felt comfortable asking if I could pray for her right then.
I did and she asked if she could also pray for me.
Well, as you all know, I can certainly use some prayer!
So, of course, I agreed.
It was a very unusual experience!

 I do not speak in tongues.
I believe it is a gift of the Holy Spirit,
but unlike most who do speak in tongues,
I do not believe it is necessary.
Feel free to dispute if you like.
I have heard people pray in tongues 
when it made me uncomfortable.
I have also heard people pray in tongues 
and definitely felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.
She prayed in tongues.
I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.

What was unusual was this.
As she prayed in tongues,
she would follow with comments and prayer
about my life in English.
I had never laid eyes on this woman before!
She named specific things that only God and I know.
And since, I have felt increased peace.
Still no answers, but more peace.
Thank you my praying friend.
Thank You, Holy Spirit!

It has started snowing here.
Rain came first for a couple hours.
Now snow.
Looks like there's going to be lots!

As I was driving home this evening,
the snow sparkled in the headlight beams.
It was like driving into falling glitter.
Soooo pretty!

Sometimes I really love the kid in me!
I still get to experience wonder!
So many adults I know don't!
This last couple years has cost me a lot of magical wonder
and replaced it with a lot of "wonder if...".
It pleases me to see the occasional glimpse of the magical!
It let's me know it's still there!
Thank You, Lord! 

This is symphony week.
I love the symphony!
I will be attending with my friend Rick.

Have you ever watched the old show
"Murder She Wrote"?
Well Rick is to me 
what Seth is to Jessica.
A very dear, valued friend.
It's so nice to have male perspective!
And from a non-pig!
I told him the other day he had made the short list!
Yep, I actually made a list!
You know, men I know who aren't pigs.
It's a short list!

Now you know I'm kidding about thinking all men are pigs.
Sort of........
;-) 


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.