Saturday, January 10, 2015

Wonderful things in my life!

Today, I asked my Facebook friends to remind me of the wonderful things in my life.

Here is an awesome list!

  • God is with me!
  • Skinny jeans
  • Saturday night dances
  • New adventures
  • Doing things on a whim
  • Having been truly loved
  • Having truly loved
  • The three best grandchildren in the world!
  • The four best children/children-in-law in the world!
  • Freedom to worship
  • Wonderful new friends
  • Loving old friends
  • A comfortable home
  • A nice car
  • I can still wear heels
  • Gabe-a-roo to keep me entertained with his antics
  • A good job
  • A Bible believing, teaching church
  • Laughter - I laugh a lot, even when I'm sad.
  • Health
  • I don't have black water (a wonderful friend's sense of humor!)
  •  King Cake even thought I don't celebrate Mardi Gras; babies giggling; a Boy Scout smile from New Jersey; pecan praline coffee in the morning; any song from the 50's [, 60's or early 70's]; worshiping Jesus with a bunch of teenagers; Blue Bell ice cream; a nice tan; fresh iced sweet tea; playing board games with your kids; Godiva chocolate; a clean house; cards in the mailbox; chocolate cake; text messages from my kids; fire in the fireplace; and.....wait for it.....you!
  • YOU are a child of the MOST HIGH GOD! Doesn't get any better than that. 
And some scripture passages that were shared:

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord, he is God; It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, And into his court with praise; Be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, And his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100 

Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in yur days - you would not believe if you were told. Habakkuk 1:5 [One of my favorite passages of Scripture!]

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5b

 He is also able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31 

I am blessed indeed! Thank you for the reminders, my friends!!!

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.