Saturday, January 10, 2015

Choosing Joy

This choosing to live, 
choosing joy, 
thing is not easy.
It requires thought and planning 
each day.
Especially during the hard periods.  

We all have bad days, always will.
That is a fact.
But I look forward to the time 
when living consistently joyfully
stops being a daily -
sometimes a moment-by-moment  -
choice and becomes natural again.

Meanwhile, God sends His Comforter 
each moment of the day 
to lift and soothe me.




 And I will beg the Father,
and He will give you another Comforter,
that He may be with you forever.
                                                                              ~~ John 14:16 DBT ~~


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.
                                                                     ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.