Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pretending

We are having a snow day!
More than a foot of snow fell on my yard overnight.
Now I love snow.
And I especially love being snowed in.
I've always thought it was romantic.
Lots of fun to play and cuddle like kids!

This morning, someone interested in me as more than friends,
has been flirting outrageously via text message.
So, here I am, 
snuggled in my blankie,
roaring fire in the fireplace,
hot chocolate in the mug,
pretending.

It's not fair to him,
even though he knows I'm not interested.
It's not the same as with, well, it's not the same.
It's not as good as reality.
But it will have to do.....


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.