Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Could it be???

It's been a strange day.

First, I wakened to no electricity this morning.
I came home one day last week to flashing clocks.
So second time in less than a week.
The price of living in the boonies.

I have a "sunrise" lamp which, of course, 
was not activated.
I have a very hard time waking up in the dark.
So I didn't.
It was 30 minutes past time for me to be at work when I awoke.

And because I'm on well water, 
dependent upon a pump, no water either.
No shower.
Yuck!!!
Of course, with wind chill below zero, and no heat, 
I wouldn't have gotten in the shower anyway!
Cleanliness isn't that important!

So, a math equation:
 
No heat            
+ Water in the pipes
Frozen pipes    

Nearly $300 later, the pipes are good.
And I am clean.
Then, it's one of "those" days.
You know.
A date.
And, to be honest, I have thought about it.
Quite a lot.
But it hasn't been devastating.
Oh, I have felt sadness.
Especially around this time in the evening.
Have teared up a couple times.
But I haven't spent the day crying.
And I could have since I was home.
But I didn't.

And I have found myself expecting.
You know, a call.
But it hasn't come.
And it won't.
And strangely, that's okay too.
It's not what I want.
But we don't always get what we want when we want it.
Or ever.
That's up to God.
And I trust Him.

So, could it be?
Is it possible?
Am I healing?
Is life going on?
And I'm joining in?

I think so!
Thank You, Lord!!! 




The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.
                                                                     ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.