Friday, January 2, 2015

More Revelations

Almost nine months ago,
I returned from one of my
running away from home trips
to find that my wonderful daughters
had done some remodeling
in my kitchen for my birthday.

The blue laminate countertops
that I inherited with the house
had been replaced,
and the worn and cracking
blue tile backsplash
had been removed.

They weren't sure what I wanted
in the way of backsplash
so opted to simply texture and paint
and allow me to decide what I wanted.

It was beautiful!
And I cried when I saw it!

Off to Lowes and Home Depot and Pride Home Center I went!
I bought a new sink.
And a new faucet.
And Kim installed them.
 
I bought back splash tiles.
And mortar.
And cabinetry paint.
And "stuff" to finish it off.

That was, as I said, nearly nine months ago.
And very contrary to my personality,
with the exception of painting the island cabinet,
everything is just as it was when I made the purchases.

The tile is still in the boxes.
The mortar is still in the bag.
The paint is still in the cans.
All of it, just as it was the day I brought it home.

I intend to do it.
Make plans.
Have even hauled everything out.
But it hasn't gotten done.
And it has puzzled me as to why I am so hesitant.

Today, it dawned on me.
I have been waiting.
For him.
We talked about some of the things I wanted to do to my house.
He wanted to help.
I wanted him to help.
And so, I have been waiting.

 Isn't the heart a funny thing!
It makes decisions for us without consulting us.
Without considering - anything.
And we let it.
Because we don't realize it's doing it.

So now I've realized.
Another revelation.
Another reality.
And this weekend, I'm putting up backsplash!

And next weekend,
I'm painting and changing out that 
awful glass in the cabinet doors.

And I am going to revel in a job well done!
An accomplishment all my very own!
On several levels!

Watch for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.