Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January

Today was a good day.
Nothing went wrong, everything went right.
I felt happy and cheerful all day.
Until time to come home.
And suddenly, I was exhausted.
Sad.
Terribly, terribly lonely.

January into early February has always been my least favorite time. 
I am one of those people.
I experience the post-Christmas let-down.
I am negatively affected by the lack of sunshine.

And now, the last two Januarys/Februarys have been spent in loosing someone I love.
Dread.
Sorrow.
Terrible, wonderful memories. 

And so, as I tuck myself into my empty bed tonight,
I find myself having to choose joy.
Having to remind myself that joy is not a feeling,
It is a condition.
Sad is only a feeling.
And it will pass.

And tomorrow is another day,
Another opportunity.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.