Monday, January 12, 2015

Wise quotes I read today

"We do not have sufficient strength on our own; 
all our sufficiency is from God. 
In His strength we must go forth and go on. 
We must call in grace and help from heaven 
to enable us to do what we cannot do alone." 
                                                             ~~Matthew Henry


This was from my time with the Lord this morning. 
"...all our sufficiency is from God." 
I really like that! 
So freeing! 
I don't have to be enough. 
Not to others. 
Not to myself. 
God is enough.
He is everything.
He is sufficient!


  "God doesn't always part the Red Seas.
He doesn't always speak from a burning bush.
He doesn't always heal the sick.
And He doesn't always calm the storm.
So our faith can't depend upon it.
Our faith must simply believe that 
God is sovereign, merciful, and gracious.
Faith trusts that God's ways are always best.
Sometimes it means He allows a raging storm 
that brings pain and suffering.
Faith believes He does it for our good 
even though we can't understand it."
                                                                  ~~ "Be Still" by Cherie Hill


This was shared by a dear friend.
"God doesn't always part the Red Sea."
And yet, if we are truthful, isn't that what we expect?
Sometimes He does.
But sometimes we must "...believe...even though we can't understand."

Good stuff!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.