Friday, January 23, 2015

Jesus-n-me taking on this week!



I wanted to skip it.
I didn't blog about it because I didn't want to acknowledge it.
But here it is.
Not being ignored.

Beginning yesterday, the coming three weeks 
are one day after another of very sad remembrances.
A year ago yesterday, I canceled my trip to France 
two hours before time to board the plane.
We had talked.
It had not gone well.

Wednesday will be the second anniversary
of my precious Al's death.
Then the funeral a few days later.

And so many other things in the coming days.
I covet your prayers as I slog through this mire of sorrow. 

And yet, I am still experiencing the presence of God!
His Holy Spirit surrounds and inhabits me in these days.
He has not relieved me of the grief.
I think it is part of who I am now.
But He has given me peace to walk the path
on which He has place me.
He has allowed me to place my hand in His
and even when my grip loosens,
His never does!
When I am falling,
He catches me, lifts me up!
When I cannot go on,
He carries me forward.

I admit it.
I pray daily still for a different ending.
But God has a plan.
It may be my known desire.
It may be the desire I don't even realize is there.
But whatever it is,
His plan is best.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.