Sunday, January 4, 2015

Making joy

We have had a lot of cold
and quite a bit of ice and snow
in the last few days.


Yesterday it snowed all day long
and the roads were really bad.
So, since I didn't have to get out,
I stayed in.

Today, however, the snow has stopped,
the temps have risen,
and the sun has burst forth.
The roads are still icky but driveable.
So, since my cupboards were getting pretty bare,
and I HAD to get cat litter (just sayin'...),
I ventured out.

While at Walmart,
there were three kids,
attached I assume to the RV parked nearby,
playing on one of the mounds of snow
formed when the parking lot was cleared.
They were climbing up,
sliding down.
They were throwing snowballs at each other.
They were laughing hilariously!
Pure joy!

And it was infectious!
I laughed too!
And, on impulse, I pulled over,
laid myself down,
and made a snow angel!
And I laughed hilariously!




P.S. I was pretty impressed with how small my butt-print is!
That REALLY made me smile!
;-) 

The Lord is my strength and my shield; 
my heart trusts in him, 
and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy, 
and with my song I praise him.
 ~~ Psalm 28:7 NIV ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.