Friday, January 23, 2015

Snow Experience

Ah, the joys of winter!


This morning, I left the house late.
Roads in my area were icy and I arranged to be late to work.
I didn't wait late enough.
Into the ditch I went.
Soundly.

I called for a tow truck.
Four to six hours.
Now, I admit to being a bit ticked off.
Not angry, but most definitely not happy.
But, only a couple blocks from home,
so I headed that direction.
Might as well wait where it's warm!


Picture it.
A middle-aged woman.
Heels and a skirt.
Stomping up the icy hill.
Yup. You guessed it.
Onto my keister 
and into a snowbank I went.

I laid there for a minute.
Looked around to see if anyone had seen.
Nope.
I sat up.
And I started laughing!
Balls of snow clinging to my hair.
My skirt revealing more than was proper.
My coat and gloves and shoes covered and filled with snow.
And I laughed til I cried.

I took my wrenched back and wet clothes
and limped my way home.
Climbed into a hot bath for a good long soak.
The car just got home and 
doesn't appear to be any the worse for wear.
My back and hip are sore as all get out 
but will be fine in a day or two.

And - silver lining - 
between yesterday's snow day,
and today's snow drift,
I have a four-day weekend!



The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~


2 comments:

  1. Now, I know that is not a picture of you, but that sure could have been a sight for sore eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IfI Could have figured out a way to take a full selfie I would have! I'm pretty sure it was pretty funny to see!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.