Saturday, November 1, 2014

God is good!



Christians say that a lot. And they should for it is certainly true! However, we tend to say it most often, mostly exclusively in fact, following receipt of a blessing. When receiving a "yes" to a prayer. Right after getting our own way.

We give "God is good" a caveat. A condition.


This morning as I was having my devotions, I told God how good He was. And I started to think about why I would say that. Nothing in my life has changed. I am still alone. I am still lonely. I still long for that which I cannot have. Why this morning do I have such a strong sense of God's goodness?


Because while my life has not changed as I wish it would, over the last several months, my spirit has. It no longer requires the caveat to recognize God's goodness.

And God has not changed. He has always been good. He will always be good. God is good! He is good. Not because of anything. He is good. It is a fact just as much as is "ice is cold" or "fire is hot".





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.