Thursday, November 27, 2014

Season of Thanks, Day Twenty-seven

It's THE day. Thanksgiving! The day the "Season of Thanks" builds toward. The official celebration of all our blessings.

On Sunday, our pastor talked about the first Thanksgiving. The hardships the Mayflower passengers experienced were extreme. There were 106 passengers when they embarked, 106 landed. One had died, one had been born. Of 42 wives, 40 died in the first year in their new home. I don't know how many husbands and children died. There was sickness and hunger and cold and loneliness and homesickness. And yet, on that day in 1621 the remaining passengers and the friends they had made felt it important to thank God for the many blessings He had bestowed on them.

May we follow their example!

Today I am thankful!

God's great mercy and grace
Salvation
My wonderful daughters
My delightful grandchildren
My fine sons-in-law
Their health
Their prosperity
My health
My prosperity
Good friends
A nice home
All our needs
Many of our wants
A Bible believing, preaching church
The sweet memories of past Thanksgivings with my Al
The knowledge that we will meet again for all eternity
Lessons of the past several years
Spiritual growth of the past several years
Siblings whom I love and whom love me
God's Word to teach, convict, comfort, encourage
The opportunity to love again
The call to prayer for him
 And so much more

 I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.