Saturday, November 22, 2014

Meandering

My thoughts are wandering today.

Hormones and Exercise:

I heard recently that hormone levels in both men and women during the first four waking hours are high. As a result, people who exercise during those hours are more likely to have a heart attack. I knew morning exercise was not my thing! Tried it for a while "with" Harlan. The one thing about our breakup that made me glad, I went back to sensible evening exercise! I pray he is no longer running in the mornings....



And The Weirdness Continues:

So, this morning, I met a man for the first time in a business setting. 
He noticed my hands and commented on my wedding rings saying that
my husband must really love me. I responded, "Yes, he did. And I loved him." He said, "Did?" I explained that he had "recently" passed away. He reached for my hand, said sincerely that he was sorry and I thanked him, retrieving my hand. Several more times, he found the opportunity to take my hand in the form of a handshake, finally telling me that my hands were soft. That went to I was beautiful. That went to a request for a date. I declined, explaining that I am not dating. So far, other than his hand shaking penchant, all is well. Then he asked if he could take a picture with me so he could show it to people and tell them I am his girlfriend.

Really??? I'd sure like to know what kind of signal I'm putting out there
and turn it off!!! Is this just the world of men and women now?


Symphony:
 
So tonight is the symphony. You may remember I was going to go with a gentleman. Not happening. I will be attending with my youngest daughter! Soooo excited!!! It's been a long time since just she and I had a "date". I'm really looking forward to it. I tried to talk one of my grandsons into going but one wasn't interested in the symphony and the other is interested in his girlfriend. Ah for the good ol' days when grammie was their best girl!


 In the News:

So, Bill Cosby. Everyone's favorite dad. Turns out he rapes little girls (so far at least one was under the age of 18) and women. Really? Like their wouldn't have been plenty of women willing? You have to drug and rape the ones who aren't??? Guess I answered my question of an earlier post. All men are pigs.....




Newman's Own:
I heard recently that 100% of the profit from all Newman's Own products is donated to charity (read the front label too...) - more than $400 million to date. Thanks, Paul Newman! Handsome, talented, and philanthropic - HEY!!! Maybe they aren't all pigs!




Taking Care of Business:

So I booked a flight last night to take care of some personal business on the west coast. It's something I need to do for my own peace of mind. One way or the other, some things will finally be resolved so that my mind and my heart can come together in agreement about something. I had planned to do it last spring, but canceled. This time I will go! There will be issues to deal with regardless of the outcome, but I will at last know for sure. And that will be very, very good!


Curiosity:

I have developed quite a following from other countries. China and Canada follow quite a lot. I also have readers from Germany, Bermuda, Poland, China, Ukraine, Romania, Malaysia, France, and for a couple weeks, one Australian reader, and a number of other countries. I'd love to hear from you. How did you find my site and where are you from?


Until this evening's Season of Thanks...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.