Friday, November 14, 2014

Season of Thanks, Day Fourteen

I am sorrowing hard today. Very hard. After a mostly sleepless night, I am exhausted and discouraged and lonely and longing and heartbroken beyond my ability to cope.

Tonight I am grateful that I don't have to cope! The Holy Spirit is carrying me, holding me close, listening to my anguished tears, my cries of sorrow. Tonight I am grateful for the Holy Spirit!

God blesses those who mourn
for they shall be comforted.
                                              ~~ Matthew 5:4 ~~

I will ask the Father,
and He will give you a Comforter
who will never leave you or forsake you.
He is the Holy Spirit...
                                                ~~ John 14:16, 17 ~~

I am leaving you with a gift --
peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give
isn't like the peace the world gives.
                                       ~~ John 14:27 ~~


2 comments:

  1. Comforting Scriptures, Gina. It is soothing for a troubled heart to have The Bible with God's promises on hand. Walking through sorrow as a believer in Jesus shows us that, "With God all things are possible". That includes living as a survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing it seems like when we are tired it can be more challenging to keep our head above water. Thank God for Holy Spirit who gives us verses and even songs to hold onto to help us remember He is with us and cares. The devil lies and tells us we are alone nobody cares but Jesus cares we have a high priest who cares and know all about our trouble. Thank you Lord for the Holy Spirit and Praise God for Jesus who carries all our burdens.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.