Saturday, February 28, 2015

Second first date

Tonight was my second first date in a week.
It was a very pleasant evening.
Tomorrow, date number two
with first date number one -
church services together.

I have said several times in this blog
that dating is hard work.
My daughters keep telling me
I'm doing it wrong,
that it's supposed to be fun!
And they're right!
It is!

For so long, my heart just wasn't in it.
In some ways, it still isn't.
I still wish things were different.
But they aren't different.
They are what they are.

And I'm finally enjoying
the dance that is this life again.
I think of the New Year's Eve
dance that I attended with my friend -
I love having a male friend! -
and the fun I had.
It was the first time I'd had absolute fun,
laughed with complete abandon,
in a very long time.
It has happened again several times.
The laughter is, at last, overtaking the tears.

So stay tuned,
maybe this blog will become
the happy space I envisioned last year
after all!

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.