Thursday, February 12, 2015

Miss Emily Revisited

Today's the day.
One year ago I knew.
I received undeniable, irrefutable evidence.
There could be no doubt.
It was over.

And yet, there has been nothing but doubt.
For an entire year.
What if. . .

A while back, I talked about Miss Emily from "The Waltons"
Miss Emily loved Ashley Longworth.
And, long after Ashley was gone,
she continued to love him
and had a relationship with him in her heart
and in her mind.
I commented that all-in-all it wasn't a bad arrangement.
She got her man in perfection
because he was only in her mind and heart.
There was no reality to rain on her parade.

But really, I don't want to be Miss Emily!
I really don't!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.