Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tonight's the night!

It's just after 6:30 in the morning.
On a Saturday!
I was looking forward to sleeping in,
and while, believe it or not,
this is sleeping in,
it's not the sleeping in I had in mind!

You see, this has been a very full week
with several evening commitments
and I came home yesterday after work
absolutely worn out,
determined to relax,
go to bed early,
and sleep late.
Because, you see,
tonight's the night.
And I want to feel and look rested!

Tonight is my symphony date.
And for the first time in a very long while,
I find myself looking forward to an evening out.
Oh, I have gone out in the evenings.
And I have had a nice time.
But it has always been a forced attendance.
A duty.
An "I suppose I should..."
Over the last two weeks, my attitude has shifted
and earlier this week I realized, 
I am looking forward to it!

So in a few hours, I will begin preparing.
I will soak in the tub so I am relaxed and fragrant.
I will apply my makeup carefully.
I will pay extra attention to my hair.
I have spent the last week trying on "outfits".
It has been a long time since I cared how I looked
above my normal concern.
It is the first time since Harlan
that I have felt a woman's excitement at meeting a man. 
It's not the same level, 
nor will it ever be for no one else will be either Al or Harlan,
but it's a nice change nonetheless,
one filled with hope and promise of healing!

So a nice dinner and the symphony.
Stay tuned........ 


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.