Friday, February 27, 2015

Silver linings



I've always been a silver lining kind of a gal.
The last three years have toned that down a bit,
but the silver lining is still there!



Have you ever flown in cloudy conditions?
On the ground, it's dreary and drizzly, cold and grey.
Then you take off.
And as you climb  through the thick clouds, 
there are bumps and jolts, 
maybe even lightening strikes, 
and you cannot see beyond your little window. 
But then you emerge!
You break through the darkness
and fly above the clouds!
                       And there is the sun,
                            shining gloriously,
                                 blindingly bright,
                                      on snowy white,
                                           fluffy,
                                                beautiful clouds below you!
The sun was there all the time,
even when you couldn't see it.

Layovers on the ground are not fun.
And the climb can be scary and nerve wracking.
But when you are above the clouds...
              Ahhhhhhh........

That is the way I am feeling right now, 
as if I am just about to break free of the cloud cover.
The Son has carried me through the bumps and jolts,
has protected my life from the lightening strikes,
and is bringing me back into the sun.

Thank You, Daddy God, for Your great gift of joy after the mourning!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.