Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Another chance

Periodically, I teach a class at the Salvation Army
on interviewing successfully.
Tonight was one of those classes.
And it got me to thinking.

These men and women have been
in the midst of major storms!
They are struggling!
They are feeling like failures.
Many feel worthless.
Many feel hopelessly lost.
And they are all asking for another chance.
It pleases me to be part of making
another chance happen for them.

And it pleases God to offer another chance to us!
Can you imagine?
Another chance.
And another.
And another.
And yet another.
From the Creator of all that
is, was, and ever will be!
From Almighty God Himself!
Another chance!

I have asked for another chance time and again.
I am asking for another chance now.
And in His infinite mercy and grace,
He will answer as He wills.
Because what we see as another chance,
He sees as another opportunity to refine His child,
to display His power and love.
The chance I ask for may or may not
turn out as I envision.
But He is faithful!
And it will turn out as He plans
as long as I follow His leading.

Do you need another chance?
Ask!
Do you need to be part of another chance?
Do it!

A man who refuses to admit his mistakes 
can never be successful. 
But if he confesses and forsakes them, 
he gets another chance.
                                  ~~ Proverbs 28:13 TLB ~~


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.