Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Boaz and Ruth

I am on a couple widows' pages on Facebook.
We widows talk about all kinds of things.
One of the things we discuss is remarriage.

The book of Ruth tells the story of Naomi
and her daughter-in-law, Ruth,
both widows.
Ruth meets and marries Mr. Perfectly Right
and lives happily ever after.
We all talk about wanting and waiting for our Boaz.

But recently, I have begun to realize that
I am focusing on the wrong thing!
I need to stop watching for Boaz
and starting being Ruth!
Ruth was not only obedient,
she was a servant.
She followed God's leading
regarding being the perfect wife for Boaz.

I've heard it before.
But it's becoming more "real".
I need to stop looking for the man God has for me
and work on becoming the woman He has for my future husband!

Lord, may I become the "Ruth" You want me to be!
 

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing how the Lord is working in your life and through your blog Gina ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.