Friday, February 20, 2015

"Utterly amazed"

Habakkuk’s Complaint

How long, Lord, must I call for help,
    but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
    but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice?
    Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
    there is strife, and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed,
    and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
    so that justice is perverted.

The Lord’s Answer

“Look at the nations and watch—
    and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
    that you would not believe,
    even if you were told.

                    ~~ Habakkuk 1:2-5 NIV ~~

This is one of my favorite passages of Scripture.

"Utterly amazed"! 

He has utterly amazed me so often! 

When I have thought hope was lost, 
          He moved! 

When I have thought I could not go on, 
          He has carried me!

When I have disappointed myself and Him, 
          He has forgiven me!

I have seen miracles that only He could have performed!

I have experienced,
and am experiencing,
within myself healing of heart and soul 
that no psychiatrist could ever have accomplished!

When injustice has prevailed, 
He has come along and defeated it! 

When I have been unjust, 
He has shown me a better way!

"Utterly amazed." 

Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.