Tuesday, December 30, 2014

We're havin' a heat wave.......

The high for the day today was a balmy 14.
It is currently 8 with a windchill of -19.
Last I heard, we were headed for a low of -5 tonight.
Fahrenheit.

Yeah, yeah, I know.
Some of you are rolling your eyes and saying "So?"
But we in these here parts are not used to this!
Our blood's just too thin for all this cold.
I'll talk to you all when it's 105 in the shade in May.

It has also snowed all day long.
Now I'm going to tell you a secret.
Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.
I like snow!
And to be very honest, I haven't minded the cold too much.
I wouldn't want a steady diet of these temps, but now and again it's kind of fun.


I love the beauty of the snow!
The flakes falling, the drifting, the sparkle, it's beautiful!
And I love the crispness of the cold.
The wind hasn't blown too bad today so layers have provided sufficient warmth.
Except for my feet, fingers, and nose.
But that's okay.

So tonight, I'm a bit like a little kid.
Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!
It's snowing!!!

We'll talk again in February when I'm running away to the coast!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.