Sunday, December 28, 2014

Nope, not yet.......

The last couple weeks have been a time of revelation.
This second Christmas without my Al was more difficult that I anticipated.
In many ways, it was harder than last year.
I may have said this already.
But it bears repeating.

Then, of course, there has been the other personal loss this year.
And that is where the revelations have come in.
Hard things to face.
In many ways harder than the break-up.
Because then, despite saying there was no hope from the beginning,
I hoped.
But I was right.
There is no hope.
And that's just the way it is.

So, I decided to give it another shot.
Reopened my Christian Mingle and eHarmony accounts.
Didn't pay, just wanted to look around.
Nope.
Not ready for dating sites.
I may never be ready for dating sites again!

But I am ready to move forward.
Or at least I'm ready to be ready!
I am accepting my situation for what it is.
I am single.
I am no longer a married woman.
I am no longer an engaged woman.
I am not cheating on anyone.

So look out home town!
I'm done hiding away in sorrow and tears!
I may not be actively dating, but I'm living!
And it's time I started acting like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.