Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Prayer

Yesterday I drove a 2015 Camaro convertible about 75 miles.
The blind spots weren't so bad in it 
as in the one I test drove a while back
which was not a convertible.
This one was also black.
It was an enjoyable ride. 
Spent mostly praying. 
Camaros do that to me.
Induce me to pray.


My daughter's families have the flu.
All but 2 of them have been sick.
The kids have not been to school all week.
They are each running fever, two pretty high.
Sick kiddos and grandkiddos.
Spent time in prayer for them.
My children and grandchildren do that to me.
Induce me to prayer.

The women in my widow's groups are struggling.
For many it is the first Christmas without their husbands.
And even for those who are not experiencing the first,
this is a very hard time of year.
No presents to purchase for "him".
No one with whom to share the fun of the kids or grandkids.
No one with whom to snuggle by the fire and the tree.
Even those who have remarried struggle during this season.
I have spent much time praying for them as a group
and individually.
My widow's groups do that to me.
Induce me to prayer.


Someone about whom I care deeply
asked me for something last night.
I could not give it to him.
It would not be good for him.
Would, in the long run,
cause more pain than my refusal.
Which I know caused pain.
That saddens me.
And, as I often do, I prayed for him.
Those about whom I care do that to me.
Induce me to prayer.


I pray for my friends.
I pray about decisions.
I pray about the future.
I pray for our country and leadership.
I pray for my co-workers.
I pray for you, my readers.
Many things, many people, do that.
Induce me to prayer.

I like to pray.
I didn't always.
I used to find it difficult.
Boring even.
A chore.
An obligation.
But over the years,
as I have come to know God more and more,
I have come to enjoy communicating with Him.
 It is a privilege purchased at high cost.
Our Saviour, Jesus Christ, born in a manger,
born to an unwed mother,
paid the price.
And as a result, we get to have a personal relationship -
- and that includes talking with Him, prayer -
- with God Almighty!

Isn't that just the most amazing thing???
And there are no holds barred!
We can tell Him, ask Him, anything!
Praise and thank Him,
petition on others' behalf,
petition on our own behalf,
cry to Him,
rejoice to Him.
Nothing is too small that it does not interest Him!
Nothing is so big that it overwhelms Him!

I love to pray!
I love the God who welcomes my voice!

Thank You, Lord!
You are awesome indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.