Monday, December 29, 2014

Goin' Dancin', I am!

Yep! I sure am!
New Year's Eve!

Now lest you think I'm gettin' wild in my new-claimed freedom,
the dance is at the Cowboy Church!

But I'm going to go,
and I'm going to have fun!

I'm not going alone.
My friend, Rick, 
also learning to be single after loss,
is going too.

We're each other's safety net.

Neither of us has to be a wall-flower!
We can dance with whomever we want,
but if no one asks -
perish the thought -
or if no one accepts -
perish the thought -
we have each other!

Now, I'm a teen of the late 60's/early 70's.
And I wasn't a "kicker".
So country dancing is not my forte.
I do a mean twist, but my two-step is,
shall we say half a step shy of two....
But I can get along.

I find myself strangely nervous.
And I don't usually get nervous about this kind of stuff.
But it's the first time stepping out since accepting. 
And it's different than when I thought maybe, just maybe....

So my first adventure in my new life.
Again, a new life.

There won't be any kissing at midnight,
but that's okay!

It's a New Year's Eve party!

And it's going to be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.