Wednesday, December 3, 2014

New Perspective

One of the scripture references in my morning devotional today was I Peter 1:8:

You love Him even though you have never seen Him. 
Though you do not see Him, you trust Him;
and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

I have read this verse before. Many times. But this morning, God reminded me of Harlan. I fell in love with Harlan via Christian Mingle, text, and telephone. Before ever meeting him. And loving him brought me inexpressible joy.

I have wondered through the years how God expected us to love and trust Him when we have never seen him. And, once I realized it didn't matter because I did love and trust Him, I wondered why. And this morning, it dawned on me. Because I spend time "with" Him. Because I am learning Him every single day. Because I am inviting Him to learn me (not that He needs an invitation for He knows me better than I know myself).

And if I could fall so in love with a human being before physically meeting him, how much more God, Creator, Mighty Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

I still don't understand. Didn't understand how it happened with Harlan. But it really doesn't matter, does it! Because there it is.

Amazing I never saw it before......

1 comment:

  1. That just reinforces my knowledge that God provides the right sustenance when we need it, regardless of how many times we have had access to that particular "whatever" in the past. His timing, always.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.