Monday, March 2, 2015

Pacific toes....

One year ago today,
on a cold, snowy Sunday morning,
I decided I'd had enough winter
and threw some things into my car
and headed west!
(I must admit to being tempted
to head out again now!)


I went from "tired of snow"
to "on the road" in less than an hour.

I told my girls I was going west
and would let them know
when I got where I was going.

I didn't get there until I hit the Pacific coast.

My second heartbreak was very fresh
that cold, snowy morning.
I was awash in sorrow and grief
for Al and now Harlan.

The Pacific coast was not far enough!
The hurt just followed me there!

But do you know what else followed me?
Every inch of the long drive there?
The Holy Spirit!
As I drove those many miles,
I looked at the beauty of God's creation,
I wept buckets and buckets,
I prayed nearly non-stop.

And the Holy Spirit was right there for all of it!

The Great Comforter!
And He really, truly is!
I sometimes think about my hurt
and realize how much worse it would be
were it not for the presence of God,
        His care,
                His concern,
                        His love,
                                His protection,
                                        His healing.

And I am so grateful!

During that trip, 
as I walked the quiet beach
and cried out to God,
I admit that the tempter came to me.
I looked at the empty beach,
I looked at the waves,
and I thought to myself
how easy it would be to just walk out into the surf,
and let it take me away.

And then, on that quiet beach,
Jesus came walking on the water.

Oh, not literally.
But He was there!
And as I reached my hand out to Him
and cried "Help me!"
He quietly drew me to Himself,
wrapped His loving arms around me.
Cried with me,
        and for me.
Just as He did for all of us on the old rugged cross!

Can you picture it?
Jesus,
hanging on the cross.
Your face in His mind's eye.
Your sorrow and grief in His heart.
Your tears rolling down His precious cheeks!
He died for your sin(s),
He died for my sin(s),
not for all mankind as a unit,
but for each of us as individuals!
And He died for all the
        heartache,
                and sorrow,
                        and loss,
                                and sickness,
                                        and all the other destruction
that the enemy ushered into the world!

What sacrifice!
        What love!

My Tears Rolled Down His Cheeks

He bore my sins upon the cross
I've oft been told it's true.
My guilt flowed down the rugged tree,
He gave me life anew.

But oftentime, it seems to me,
We stubbornly fail to see
that other's crimes were hung there too,
with Christ upon that tree!

With that in mind, we must confess,
He bore our sorrows too!
For sin's what causes grief and strife,
my sin affected you!

And now I see that on that day
when blood ran down that tree,
the pain He knew was what Id' feel
When you accosted me.

He paid the price, He looked through time,
and saw mankind was weak.
Yes, mingled with the sweat and blood,
my tears rolled down his cheeks!
 @2015


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.