Wednesday, March 25, 2015

No longer twitterpated

i am no longer simply twitterpated.
oh, i am still all those things that i talked about last week,
but i am more than twitterpated.
i have fallen!
i am in love!

what is the difference you might ask.
twitterpated is feelings based.
it's that tummy tickling excitement
at the prospect of seeing him.
it's the "he's so cute!"
that is uttered a thousand times a day.
it's the anticipation of seeing him,
the anxious impatience for the next embrace,
another kiss.
it's the excitement the sound of his text tone or voice invokes.
it's good stuff,
fun stuff,
being twitterpated.
and i pray it lasts a long, long time!

but love...
love is different!
love is not all about excitement and heat and passion.
no, love is calm and steady and completely independent of feelings!
love shines brightly on when all around has gone dark!
love does not care about excitement,
for its survival has nothing to do with the exterior senses.
love is internal.
love is permanent -
no matter what!

it is scary,
i admit.
it's risky.
i've been hurt by risking it.
badly.
but he's worth the risk!
love's worth the risk!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.