Friday, March 20, 2015

39 Years


It was finally here!
"The" day!
I'd waited for an eternity!
Or so it seemed!
At not quite 19,
an eternity is much shorter
than it is at nearly 58.
I was so excited!
And happy!
Today it would finally happen!
I would become Al's wife!

I was barely 14 when "I" became "we".
And, while I thought other boys were cute,
I was never once tempted to break up with Al
to chase after one of them.
He was "the one".
I just knew.
And so did he.

We were very young!
We shouldn't have "known".
But we did.

And so, following a week of rain,
that first morning of spring,
that day of new beginnings,
dawned bright and clear and sunny.
And that afternoon,
I walked down the aisle toward
my handsome groom,
and never looked back!

We were privileged to share nearly 37 years
on this earth.
Even knowing all I know,
I would do it all again!

I miss you, Alfie!
I love you!
Happy anniversary, Honey!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.