Monday, March 9, 2015

Glorious Unfolding

I intended to be asleep by now.
I have a hard time adjusting
to daylight savings time
and in addition to that,
it was a physically taxing day at work.
So I came home absolutely exhausted.
And I intended to be asleep by now.

I tucked in early, just after 8:00.
Read for a little while.
Texted a couple friends for a few minutes.
And by 9:00 the lights were out
and I was trying to sleep.

But sleep won't come.
There have been some emotional changes
happening in my heart over the last few days.
Some letting go - and the resulting sorrow.
Some welcoming - and the resulting joy.
Some decision making - and the resulting
"How do I do this?" quandry.

God is closing windows
and opening doors.
And I am done trying to open the windows.
I am walking through the doors.

It is time to say goodbye.

And tonight, there is a sense of excitement,
a sense of forward motion.
The wishing for what cannot be is still there,
and there have been some tears,
but the past is just that, past.
And whatever God's reason,
He allowed it.
And I have learned a great deal!
And I will carry that new knowledge,
that greater understanding
of my inability to fully understand,
into my future.

The Glorious Unfolding is now!
It is happening as I sit here typing.


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.