Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fragrance

It was raining when I left for work this morning.
Now where I live, rain is a big deal.
We are very dry here so we get excited over a few sprinkles.
It had rained enough that the ground was damp
but not puddling.
My deck was wet.
My car was wet.
The air was cool and misty and moist.
And it smelled wonderful!!!

It made me think about God's love for us!
He could simply send the rain.
It would meet the needs of the earth.
But He is not satisfied with simply meeting the needs.
No, He sends wonderful fragrance to please our senses!
How gracious!
How generous!

His love is like that!
He could have simply paid the price
for our salvation.
Died on the cross,
rose again.
Met our need.
Stopped there.
But He didn't!
He isn't satisfied with simply meeting our need!
He gives us fragrance - pleasures -
to tease our senses.
Because He so loves us that He wants to give us good gifts!
The fragrance of His love for us!
Amazing!

Have you inhaled His fragrant gifts to you lately?


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.