Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Serenades

He serenades me!
He plays his guitar and sings love songs to me.
I know.
It's corny.
And lovely!
"Our song" is
"Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?"
I'm not sure why that's "our song",
but he says it is.
And that's good enough for me!

He has a beautiful voice, my Lanny Love.
a pure, clear tenor.
So not only does my heart thrill at the sentiment and emotion,
my ears are delighted at the sound.

So this, then, after all the loss and sorrow,
is love, both giving and receiving.
This is happiness.
I had forgotten!

I have repeated this quote from an unknown source before,
"Happiness is in happenings, joy is in Jesus."
And I believe that with all my heart.
But it's so nice when the two coincide,
when God teaches the joy,
and allows the happiness.

Thank You, God, for joy!
Thank You, God, for happiness!
Thank You, God, for my Lanny Love!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.