Thursday, April 23, 2015

Blessings

Following a particularly stressful day yesterday,
God showed me a few of my blessings today.

First, my Lanny Love met me for a picnic lunch.
We sat in the sun and talked and held hands.
It was the first of several very therapeutic events today.
What a blessing!

Next, I gained a beautiful new great-niece this afternoon!
While I was billing and cooing in the park,
my niece was laboring away bringing a new life into the world.
What a blessing!

To be honest, I'm not too fond of my job.
But some days, I am less fond than others.
Yesterday was one of those days.
Today made up for it.
Nothing particularly bad happened yesterday.
Nothing particularly good or out of the ordinary happened today.
But I got to sooth the ruffled feathers of a darling little man,
82 years old next week,
and he spoke of his experiences in widowhood.
We helped each other.
As it should be.
What a blessing!

Then, my Lanny Love surprised me!
When I walked out the door after a long, late day,
he was waiting by my car to take me to dinner.
It was rather comical.
He texted me to see when I would be getting off.
I walked across the parking lot, head down,
toward my car while texting a reply.
I was preparing to get into my car, when the car behind me honked.
I ignored it.
It honked again.
Then a third time before I looked up.
There he sat, that gorgeous smile of his beaming.
So off to dinner we went.
Good food, good conversation, the very best company!
What a blessing!
(Yes, I know I counted my Lanny Love twice.
That's only what you see - he gets counted endlessly!)

Then, my very excited daughter called
and asked me to stop by her house to see her completed handiwork.
She built, from scratch, new cabinetry for her kitchen.
It is beautiful!
She is very gifted!
And she was excited to show me!
I have adult daughters who are not only my children,
they are my friends!
What a blessing!

So, following a night of very little sleep,
a very stressful day,
and a night of no sleep at all,
God showed up - as He always does.
And showed off!
What a blessing!


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.