Friday, April 17, 2015

Laughter

OH!!!
MY!!!
GOODNESS!!!
Did I say "Oh my goodness!"?
Because if I didn't, I certainly should!!!
What a crazy day!!!

I slept relatively well last night.
I woke several times,
but was able to quickly fall asleep again.
So I rose this morning, full of energy,
and ready to take on the world!

And then I walked in the door at work.
Big mistake! 
Huge!
From the very first customer in the door,
I realized I had a target on my back
and a sign on my chest that read,
"All Crazies and/or Angry People Come To Me!"
Oy Vey!!!
And right down to the last phone call of the day,
they all did!

AND, I spoke to my bane of my existence client,
not once,
     not twice,
            not three times,
but four, count them, FOUR times today!

I ended my day with tears.
Of laughter!
Because one just had to laugh!
It was just too odd, too funny a day not to!
And everyone else was laughing too!

At first, it was a little unsettling,
all the strange, angry people.
And all of them,
every last single one,
came to me!
After a bit, it was just funny!
And so, laughter!

And an ice cream lunch!



The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.