Monday, April 13, 2015

Meandering

Normally, when I blog, I have a destination in mind.
Today, that is not the case.
Nonetheless, I feel the need to write.
So bear with me as I meander around a bit.

Today is a gray, windy day in my neck of the woods.
These are two conditions I do not like.
I am very negatively affected by lack of sunlight and wind makes me achy and restless and following two sleepless nights in a row in a week of mostly sleepless nights and the resulting massive migraine, a gray day is not a welcome thing!
Not even if it brings some much needed rain!
I often wonder how people who live in the Pacific Northwest survive!
The beauty and lush green foliage comes at a high price!

I am feeling very lonely and sad this morning.
I realize that much of that has to do with lack of rest
and not feeling well.
Nonetheless, lonely and sad.
On days like this, I am very tempted to run away from home.
But no matter where I go, there I am.
So running away doesn't help anything.
Still, a nice walk on the beach
or a hike along a mountain stream
would be quite lovely.
And sunny!

So, today I find that I need to practice choosing joy!
I've talked about this before.
And choosing joy has, once again, become mostly automatic.
But today, I find that I must focus on choosing!
So, I know what's hurt in my life.
I know what I've had to choose to overcome.
This morning, I want to remind myself of the massive amount of good in my life!

God.
This sounds cliche.
But it's really not!
The last several years have been incredibly difficult.
During those times when I could not move forward,
could not take one more step,
when it was just too hard,
God cradled me in His loving arms.
Sometimes we just sat still until I could walk again.
Sometimes He carried me out of the scarey part.
But always, He was there!
And continues to be!

Unless the Lord had helped me,
I would soon have died.
I cried out, "I'm slipping!"
and your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
When doubts filled my mind
Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
                                         ~~ Psalm 94:17-19 NLT ~~

Praise Him forever and forever!!!


My Lanny love.
We've officially arrived.
We've had our first - tiff isn't the right word,
nor is disagreement, but at any rate, our first "issue" has emerged.
And some things will be different.
But that's okay.
It's all part of the learning each other, growing a relationship process.
And that's a very, very good thing!
And we have assured one another of our continued love and commitment.
And that's all that matters.
Truly an amazing gift from God, my Lanny Love!

Oh, lover and beloved, eat and drink! 
Yes, drink deeply of this love!
                          ~~ Song of Songs 5:1 NLT ~~

My family.
I have the very best children!
Ever!
Bar none!
They are loving and kind and generous!
They are honest!
To a fault!
Okay, sometimes I might not like that part so much.
But they want only the best for me!
And I respect them so much!
And they honor me!
And that is a wondrous thing!

I prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted me what I asked for.
                                                        ~~ 1 Samuel 1:27 NIV ~~


My precious grandchildren!
There were times over the last few years
that I only lived for them.
I was their only grandparent.
They needed me.
And I needed them!
They are such a joy!
Happy, well adjusted, loving - 
they are their parents' children!

Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged.
                                                 ~~ Proverbs 17:6 NLT ~~ 


Clean laundry.
Go ahead!
Laugh!
I certainly would!
But I have recently become re-aware of how very blessed we are in this country!
As simple as throwing them in the washer, then the dryer, and I have my choice of sweet smelling, soft fabrics to clothe my body.
I don't have only one or two things to wear.
I don't have to wash them in a stream -  
if there is a stream with water nearby.
I can lay my head on soft, fragrant pillowcases each night.
I cover myself with comfy, snuggely blankets to borough under.
I am very, very thankful for clean laundry.

I am thankful for music!
As the saying goes,
"Music hath charms to soothe the savage beast."
While I'm - mostly ;-) - not a savage beast,
God uses music to soothe and uplift me all the time!
I cannot imagine a musicless life!

Let us find a good musician to play the harp 
whenever the tormenting spirit troubles you. 
He will play soothing music, 
and you will soon be well again.
                                  ~~ 1 Samuel 16:16 NLT ~~

What an awesome life I live!
I have so much for which to be thankful!
I don't have to continue to choose joy today!
God has faithfully reminded me that He is good!
That I have much for which to rejoice and be glad over!
Thank you, Lord!

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.