Sunday, October 5, 2014

Traveling

I am traveling by air this week. And it has made me unexpectedly melancholy.

The last two times I was scheduled to fly were attached to someone I love but who is no longer in my life. Someone who has finally given up. So it is truly over.

I found myself tearing up as the plane took off. Found myself looking for him in the passengers, at the airport - even though their would be absolutely no reason for him to be on my plane or at my destination. Found myself wishing it were different.

And I didn't expect such a reaction. Or any reaction for that matter.

I have been continually surprised by how he touched every aspect of my life. Oddly so.

No big revelation or deep thoughts, just pondering here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.