Friday, October 10, 2014

One is the lonliest number.......

It has been a busy and exciting week!

However, as I wait at Gate 11 to board my flight home, I find myself a little melancholy.

I have watched and listened as others have texted and called their significant others this week.

And I have been jealous.

I have caught myself reaching for my phone to share something
or to check for incoming, missed texts and calls. 

Only to realize their wouldn't be any.

As I have journeyed these last couple of years, I have been lonely more often than not.

It's not that I don't have anyone in my life.

I have wonderful children.

Amazing grandchildren.

Fabulous friends.

But that special someone is missing.

And it is lonely.

"...And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
~~ Matthew 28:20 NLT ~~

I rest comforted in the arms of God through the Holy Spirit because of Jesus. Blessed be the name of The Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.