Monday, September 1, 2014

This-n-that

After yesterday's high of 104, it is a blissful 80 right now, headed to only 93! Hello, September, so glad you're here!

Yesterday was a very, very good day! God spoke to me very clearly in a dream, giving me guidance regarding a situation about which I have been praying blindly for many months. I still don't have answers, but I know exactly how God wants me to pray! God is so good!!!



All three of my grandchildren spent the night last night. That hardly ever happens anymore because, well, my 14, nearly 15, and 15, nearly 16, year old grandsons rarely like to do the same things as my 5-year old granddaughter. Go figure. Not only that, but on Friday and Saturday nights, the nights they can spend the night because they don't have school activities the next morning, they have bigger fish to fry. I'm no longer their best girl. Just sayin'.



But last night was different. No school, no football practice, no track practice this morning. No dates last night. Grammie ruled! And they didn't care that the princess was spending the night! So what did we do? Well, I'll tell you! We watched YouTube video's on each others phones while the princess watched Busytown Mysteries on Netflix. Before we knew it, we were all watching Busytown Mysteries! There are two kitties, two pigs who drive a donut, and a worm who stands upright, wears one tennis shoe, a shirt, bow-tie, hat, and green, one-legged pants, and drives an apple! And they solve really important mysteries! "Who? What? When? Where? Who,what,when,where,why,how?" LOL Believe it or not, we all had fun!







Now, I believe, though they didn't say, but I believe that the boys decided to spend the night because they knew I have been sad lately. One of them sat with me in church yesterday morning. They've both texted more often recently. They are good, caring, compassionate young men! I am a very, very blessed Grammie! 


This morning, we had pancakes and laughed and talked. A good time was had by all!

Last this-n-that. A friend and fellow widow, Linda Lint, posted a very good blog at this link about butterflies, cocoons, and grief healing. Give it a read! Even if you're not in the midst of grief, this post applies to life's problems of any kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.