Saturday, September 6, 2014

Accepting the obvious

I was talking with a friend on Facebook today about grief. I commented to her that I had no idea how difficult accepting the obvious could be.

It is only recently that I have stopped saying things like "gone home", "ultimate healing", "in Heaven", "with Jesus", "with his daddy and our babies", and the like when referring to my husband's death. While all those statements are true, they sugar coat the harsh truth.

Al is dead.

Dead.

No longer alive on this earth.

Never, ever coming back to life as we knew it.

Dead.

It still hurts, makes me squirm, to say it. Type it. Think it. But it is the truth. And as I told her, God specializes in the truth. And healing from loss doesn't really start until we face the ugly truth of our loss. 

Regardless of what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.