Monday, May 25, 2015

D-Day

Today is "D-day".
Three years ago today,
I was worried.
I had lunch with my closest girl friend
and shared with her that I didn't know what was wrong,
but something was.
I told her "He's dying!"
That afternoon, he asked to be taken to the ER.
Just a few hours later,
the diagnosis was made.
Cancer.

The following eight months passed too quickly.
They were hard, hard months
as I watched my Beloved husband pass slowly from this life
to the next.
They were filled with pain and suffering
and when his healing finally happened,
it was a relief to know he was well at last.

And when his ended,
my suffering began.
In the 27 months since he went home,
my life has been filled with turmoil and sorrow.
And I could not have gotten through it without God!
He has carried me, comforted me, pushed me to survive.
He gave me wonderful daughters to ensure that I ate,
He gave me amazing grandchildren to nurture my will to live,
He gave me a marvelous best friend to ensure I got out of the house,
He gave me mighty prayer warriors in my sister and brother-in-law,
and many others,
to pray for my broken heart.
And in those darkest hours when nothing,
no person could help,
when the anguish consumed me,
He held me in His strong arms and whispered
"I am here! You can do all things through Me!
Hang on, I have a plan to prosper you, a hope for you, a future!
Don't give up, My child!"
And He has healed!
The scar is there.
It will always be tender,
will sometimes be downright painful when the "weather" is right.
But the wound,
the open, bleeding, gash,
has healed.

Thank You, Daddy God, for Your presence!
Thank You for your healing!
I think back three years and the terror that was coming,
the sorrow and loss,
and I wonder that I am here!
Only through You!
Only You have gotten me through!
Without you carrying me,
without You encouraging me,
without You holding me close,
I would surely have died of grief!
Thank You for all you have done!
Thank You for bringing joy in You back to my heart!
Thank you for bringing happiness back to my life!
Thank you for the people you have placed in my life!
Thank you for Al,
for the years we had together,
the love we shared.

Thank You that he is well at last and safe in your presence!




The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise Him.

                                                                 ~~ Psalm28:7 NIV ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.