Thursday, May 11, 2017

I am a grammie

This week is Mother's Day.
It is a day of remembering and celebrating
having and being a mother.
For some it is wholly joyous.
For some it is wholly sorrowful.
For most it is a mixture of the two.
I fall into the latter category.

Wholly joyous is the fact that I am a grammie!
I have four wonderful grandchildren:

Hayden is my oldest.
He is 18 and graduating from high school this year.
It does not seem possible!
Just the other day he was watching "Bob the Builder"
and fascinated by "big trucks"!
I will never forget the day my daughter told me he was coming!
I was at work and ran up and down the hallways telling everyone,
"I'm going to be a grandma!!!" 
And when he was born -
oh the love that filled me the moment I heard his first cry!
He is a marvelous young man,
responsible,
smart,
kind,
compassionate,
athletic,
resourceful,
handsome,
and so much more!!!
I am so glad to be his grandmother!!!
I am so proud of him!

Ashton is the next oldest.
He is 17 and also graduating from high school this year.
Again, it just doesn't seem possible!
I had the wonderful privilege of seeing Ashton come into the world!
What a joyous experience!
Ashton came unexpectedly and with some physical issues.
He is truly a miracle!
You see, he was born with a heart defect.
One that required a heart transplant.
Which he never received.
At not quite two years old,
as he neared death,
God performed a literal overnight miracle of healing!
He went from a dying toddler
to a healthy, active one overnight!
And he's been on the go ever since!
Ashton is also a marvelous young man,
smart,
funny,
tender,
caring,
compassionate,
responsible,
handsome,
and so much more!!! 
I am so glad to be his grandmother!!!
I am so proud of him!!! 

Next is Xander.
Xander is 9,
but he is my newest grandchild.
He came with my Lanny Love.
I have not known him from his birth,
rather, I met him not quite two years ago.
But what a joy he is in my life!
Xander is a marvelous young man,
smart,
energetic,
inquisitive,
funny,
dramatic,
handsome,
and so much more!!! 
I am so glad to be his grandmother!!!
And I am so proud of him!

Finally, my little princess, Kylie.
Kylie is 8,
and she was a surprise blessing.
My daughter had tried for several years to no avail.
Then suddenly, she was expecting.
What a great blessing Kylie is!
The only girl in a sea of boys,
she is all girl!
She is a marvelous young lady,
smart,
inquisitive,
tender,
funny,
energetic,
imaginative,
beautiful,
and so much more!!!
I am so glad to be her grandmother!!!
I am so proud of her!!!

I purely love being a grandmother!!!



I look forward to the grandchildren yet to come
and celebrate those who are part of my life now!
How I love these four precious gifts from God!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.