Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The music of marriage

I am sitting in his office at the church
just so I can be near him.
It is quiet as he works,
the only sounds coming from the outer office
and my keyboard.
I sneak glances at him often.
My goodness how I love that man!!!
 
I love watching his face.
He is very expressive.
I enjoyed watching him appreciate me this morning
as I brought him coffee.
I enjoyed watching him be entertained by the dog's morning exuberance.
I enjoy watching him laugh at a funny movie or TV show.
But mostly I love watching him worship.
As he sits at his desk preparing his lesson for Sunday,
I see some of the same elements of adoration
that I see on his face as he raises his hands
in praise to our God on Sunday mornings.
I see wonder.
I see thirst for more knowledge.
I see pondering.
I see understanding.
I see a man after God's own heart.
My heart swells with admiration and wonder
at his greatness!
 
I think of the song "Something Good" from "The Sound of Music":

...For here you are standing there loving me
Whether or not you should.
So, somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good.

Nothing comes from nothing,
Nothing ever could.
So, somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good.

“Something Good” (Rodgers)
© 1965, Copyright Renewed, Williamson Music Company (ASCAP) c/o Concord Music Publishing.
All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission.

Very fitting lyrics!
Indeed, I must have done something very, very good!
 
How God has blessed me!!!
To have the honor of submission and service to,
respect and admiration of
such a man as this!!!
To be loved and cherished and protected by him
as God instructs.
How God has blessed me!!!
How I love that man!!! 
 
The beautiful music of great love
and joyous marriage...........
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.