Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The night he became my Lanny Love...

Nine years ago tonight
I had my last first date.
Nine years ago tomorrow morning
I had my second-to-last second date,
one that had already been arranged.
 
We had been "talking" on eHarmoney
for nearly a month when I agreed to meet.
When he asked me for my last second date the following day,
I gladly accepted!
I closed my account that second date night.
I knew, barring something very unexpected,
I did not want to keep looking.
I was pretty sure I had found "the one"
God had chosen for me.
 
He beat me to the restaurant that first night
and I arrived a few minutes early.
I walked into the lobby of my "first date" restaurant
and there he was in all of his glory,
and it was a glorious sight!!!
He was even more handsome in person
than his pictures reflected.
 
He opened his arms to hug me hello
and I did what for me was unprecedented,
I walked into his arms and hugged him back.
And though it was brief,
it wasn't even the distant side hug that most receive.
(I'm not a big hugger outside of intimate relationship.)
 
We shut the place down that night,
talking for three hours at the table
then another half hour or so standing at my car.
It was the single longest first date I had!
We never left the table!
He blessed the food and asked God's blessing on our time together.
And bless it He did!!!

Many of you have heard this story before,
but I will continue to share it.
February 28 will always be a cherished, precious date!
It was the night that changed my life
and made it better than I could ever have hoped or dreamed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.