Thursday, October 20, 2022

I had a great idea...


...something I really wanted, needed to say.
It came to me yesterday while we were out hiking.
Last night when we got back "home" -
Did I mention we are on vacation this week?
we snuggled together to watch a movie.
This morning, I can't remember what it was!
 
Ideas swirl in my head.
All.
    The.
        Time.
My brain is never quiet.
I have learned to quickly jot a note
so ideas don't get lost in the melee that is my brain.
I suppose aging may be a factor at this point,
but I have always been like this.
There's just too much going on up there.
I have to purposely quiet my brain to find rest.
 
Have I ever mentioned my Lanny Love is a saint?
This morning, for example,
I was up earlier than he -
a normal occurrance.
I had been awake for about 2 hours,
watched the sun rise,
had my time with The Lord,
calmed the zinging in my brain a bit.
But my body wasn't cooperating,
so in our little apartment home for the week,
I was pacing while he had his time with The Lord. 
I try not to talk during his reading and prayer.
I know it interrupts me when people do that.
But this morning my body just would NOT cooperate!
 
So here I am,
trying to remember what I so wanted to tell you
about remarriage in widowhood yesterday.
But it's gone.
However, there is always something to share!
 
Tuesday, we took a scenic ride on a restored 1880's
steam engine pulled train.

 
 
 
We laughed and ate and talked 
and were awe-struck at God's creation.
On the way home, we saw a falling star.
It was right smack in front of us as we drove down the road.
Right in the middle of the windshield.
As if God were saying,
"Hey look! I don't want you to miss this!!!"
And my very first thought was,
I don't have a single thing to wish for!
I have everything I could possibly want right here in this car!!!
 
In my first marriage,
I wasn't always so grateful.
That makes me so incredibly sad!
I wanted...
     I was irritated by...
        I rolled my eyes literally and figuratively. 
            A lot.
 
Recently, I finished a novel series.
It is about a traumatically widowed woman
who falls in love.
It's a good - and difficult - read.
But the gentleman, who is not widowed,
is frustrated and doesn't understand
the continued trauma and loss his beloved experiences.
In a conversation with his pastor, 
he is questioning why she isn't "over it"
and the pastor's response is epic.
After talking a bit about why she still loves and grieves her late husband,
he addresses the gentleman's own "love" for the woman.
"Love is not about what you get from the other person,
it is about what you can give to them."
A good read,
especially if you or someone you know struggles with
understanding why we still love and grieve.
The Hope Series
The Hope Series
 
Can I tell you that there are silver linings in grief!
One of them is not having anything to wish for
because everything you want is right next to you!
I commented to a friend the other day that
loss and loneliness are powerful teachers!
 
How blessed I am to still be delightfully enchanted
with my Lanny Love
and he with me!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.