Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A new grief


I have been here before.
A little more than 13 years ago
I said "see you later" to my father-in-love.
Recently I said it again
to the father I gained with my Lanny Love.

Thirteen years ago,
I stood at his bedside in awe
as I watched that man of God
cross that great divide.
This time, that was not possible.

Dad was special!
Unapologetically godly,
he pursued his Saviour and served Him ardently.
Because of that, he loved like his Saviour!
That meant he loved me!

He was the first.
I had met other members of Lanny's family
and I met others after,
but more than any of the others,
he embraced, accepted and loved me.
Immediately.
Without demanding I prove myself.
Not just loved me,
loved me like a daughter!
Loved me with the love of God!
I became his daughter 
before I became his daughter-in-law.

He would have been 96 today.
He was a great man!
And I can't wait to see him again!
 
 

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.