Friday, October 2, 2020

Oh how He cares for us!

I step carefully over her as her little body 
stretches across the doorway.
Only her eyes move as she watches to see 
if I might open the refrigerator,
from which she knows without doubt she will be fed today,
or if I might go to the treat bin.
When she realizes it's not to be - yet -
her eyes close once again
and she snores softly as I move over and around her,
secure in the knowledge that I will not cause her harm as I work.

Earlier in the day,
as is the norm,
she and her kitty sisters
rested as near to us as possible,
often letting a tail or a leg stray under the rockers of our chairs.
They were not concerned
for they had not experienced the pain of a rocked on tail
because we watch for hidden dangers and protect them.

A few weeks ago when she was injured -
the result of her foolish choice -
she rested in our arms as we drove madly to the vet,
never for a moment doubting that we knew
and would do whatever it took to fix it
and look out for her best interest.

Mitzi trusts us implicitly.

If we as a pet mommy and daddy
so carefully watch for danger, meet the needs and care for
our little dog and kitties,
how much more does our Heavenly Father
meet our needs and care for us, 
His creation, His children.

May we -
may I -
learn to trust Him so!

He is not afraid of bad news;
his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.
~~ Psalm 112:7


Fear not, for I am with you; 
be not dismayed, for I am your God; 
I will strengthen you, I will help you, 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~~ Isaiah 41:10


Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication 
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, 
which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~~ Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.