Saturday, November 14, 2015

Changes

It's been a while.
This fall has been a busy one.
My hours at work have been long.
My personal life has been very full.
Football season and my grandson.
Church activities.
My Lanny Love's daughter's wedding in October
and all the showers and flowers and other
wedding plans and festivities.
Then, on October 26th,
we made it official.
My Lanny Love and I became engaged.
We will be married in just under three weeks.

So, while I have been silent here for a while,
my life has been anything but quiet,
changing yet again.
The love I have for my Lanny Love
has deepened,
and continues to grow.
The closer the big day gets,
the calmer and more peaceful I become.
Radiant is a word that has been used about me
more than once recently.
It feels so good to be happy again!

Our little wedding is coming together nicely and will be just what we wanted.
And our marriage promises to be all we ever hoped and dreamed.
Maturity, experience, and knowledge are wonderful things!

Something I didn't expect during this time
of celebration and preparation
has been renewed grief over Al.
I have thought about him more,
dreamed about him -
something I have rarely done since his death.
It seems odd that in just a few days,
I will be another man's wife.
And yet, I am excited and counting the minutes.
It's a strange feeling.

I often say, "Change is difficult, even when it's positive!"
and that is true.
Some changes are horrible -
the death of a spouse comes to mind -
some are positive -
a second chance at love and happiness.
Changes.
They keep life interesting!

So, look for posts to pick back up.
But they will be different.
Because my life is different.
And that's okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.