Friday, November 20, 2015

Lanny & Gina: a love story, Part 1

Two weeks from today.
I will marry my Lanny Love.
And I cannot wait!

Three and a half years ago,
my life fell apart
when my sweet husband, Al,
was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Eight months later,
he was gone.
And I was sure I would never again be happy.

Many of you have followed my journey,
either here, or on my Caring Bridge site.
You know the struggles,
the mistakes,
the determination,
the decision to choose joy,
the acceptance of what "is"
rather than what I wish for.
You have cried with me,
laughed with me,
shook your head and clicked your tongue,
prayed for me.
You have been my sounding board,
my therapist,
my safe place,
my support.
And now,
you are rejoicing with me
in what I never thought would be -
HAPPINESS.
And I thank you!

As my wedding day approaches,
as my anticipation and excitement mount,
I am going to put our love story in words.
So come along with me,
read the love story,
share in the happiness!

"Look, the winter is past;
The rains are over and gone.
Blossoms appear through all the land.
The time has come to sing;
The cooing of doves is heard in our land.
There are young figs on the fig trees,
And the blossoms on the vines smell sweet."
                                     Song of Songs 2:11-13 NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you prefer that your comment not be made public, please so indicate. I am happy to reply privately if you include an email address.